Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Georgia on my mind...

Dan and I spent the week in Georgia because my sweet grandfather, Papa, passed away. We will miss him so much! I'm so happy for him though because I know that he is reunited with Grandmamma. It just happened to be Cherry Blossom time in Georgia, which is totally fitting because Papa loved flowers (Macon is famous for it's Cherry Blossom trees). It was wonderful to be with so many aunts and uncles and cousins that I don't get to see very often. I love Georgia! Even though I've been gone for 8 years now, I feel a huge sense of belonging when I'm there; it's home. Here are some pics from our trip and a few pics of us with Papa from last year.



We got to be there for the blessing of my best friend's beautiful baby girl, Laurel.







9 comments:

Marie said...

Such pretty pictures!!! I'm so sorry about your grandpa...I'm glad you were able to go for a visit.

Kendall Watkins said...

I miss the cherry blossums so much too! I hope all is well.

Candace said...

It was so great to see you and Dan. I forget how much I miss you guys until you come to visit.

I'm so sorry about your grandpa, but I know he is happy now with your grandma.

I'm so happy you got to come to Laurel's blessing; that was so special to have my best friend there! I hope your drive home was not too bad...

Dan is going to be such a great dad one day; he was so sweet with Laurel. :) I wish he was around at 3am last night. She would not go back to sleep! I was up from 3 until 4:30 and then she was up again at 6:30!

I hope to see you guys again soon. You still have not seen our new house yet! I told Matt we are going to Ohio to visit yall next year, no ifs ands or buts about it!

Jenny Fleming said...

Good to know you got to see those beautiful trees. I'm sorry about your family's loss.

Dan and Shauna said...

Hey Tiffany-
It's Shauna... sorry about your Papa- that's what James calls his grandpa, I think it's so sweet. Anyway, you and Dan look so adorable with that baby- I did a double take!

Unknown said...

I love that picture of you and Papa...classic Papa. :) I have some good pics of you and Papa and Dan and Papa from Christmas. I'll have to send them over. Love ya.

Ariel said...

Lealani told me about your grandpa. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you got to go to Georgia.
I'm sad I am no longer your Visiting Teacher. I loved visiting you. You are one of the sweetest most sincere people I know. I guess we'll just have to be RS buddies.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! Though I must say, i always thought Japan was the cherry blossom capitol of the world... :)

Hope all is well, Tiff!

Anna said...

Oh my goodness--I didn't know that your Papa passed! I'm sorry for the loss but, it is good to know that he's with your grandma now. This is Anna Cordner (used-to-be Van Wagoner) by the way, I don't think you'd recognize "annabunny" ... it's an older account. Anyway, I'm glad you got to go back and visit GA. I haven't been back since ...summer of 2004. I miss it, personally. Well I hope that all is well with you and Dan!