Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Things I love

Tonight I have such a bad case of insomnia I decided to get on the computer...exactly what they tell you not to do. :) But I'm tired of laying in bed staring at the clock so I've decided to make a list of things I love!

1) MY FAMILY- I have the greatest family ever! They support me so much and really teach me about what true love really is; especially my husband Dan who is the sweetest man that ever lived!

2) MY RELIGION- I think that without it I wouldn't even have an identity. It has shaped my entire life and is the reason behind every good decision that I make.

3) OLD MOVIES- Some of my favorites are The Sound of Music, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, State Fair, Moonlight Bay, Roman Holiday...I could go on and on!

4) CLASSIC ROMANCE NOVELS- My favorite books of all time are Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre.

5) SHABBY CHIC STUFF- I love anything that is shabby chic especially stuff by Rachel Ashwell. It's so bright and cheery and really makes a room inviting.

6) COOKING-This is by no means to imply that I'm a good cook, just that I love to do it. I love to try new recipes and to bake. My dream is to own my own bakery one day!

7) MAKING CRAFTS- This is another thing that I'm not really all that good at but I really love to do it. Probably one of the biggest reasons is that I grew up watching my mom make beautiful things all the time...maybe one day I'll achieve her greatness. :)

8) THE CROONERS-especially Nat King Cole. I could listen to Nat, Bing, Frank, and Dean all day long and never care to hear a current song.

9) MY COUNTRY-I cry whenever the National Anthem is sung or any other patriotic tune. This really is the best country on earth!

10) GOOD FRIENDS- I really do have some wonderful friends who are so kind to me. I hope I can learn to be as great of a friend as they are one day!

11) CHRISTMAS TIME!!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Ummm, ok ,why are we not best friends? If you look at my DVD collection you will see Moonlight Bay, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and several different versions of Pride & Prejudice!

I'm glad you commented on my blog because I didn't know that you had a blog and it was so nice to learn a little more about you!