Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Maybe cats do have 9 lives...



Our little cat Charlie has had some breathing problems since we got him and we finally figured out why. He has a herniated diaphragm and pretty much all of the organs that should be in his abdominal cavity are in his thoracic cavity. As a result one of his lungs is collapsed. He was most likely hit by a car before we got him. So, today he had major surgery to correct all this and everything seems to have gone fine. We get to pick him up tomorrow. I know it may seem silly to have such an extensive surgery done on a pet but he has filled a place in my heart that I haven't been very successful filling with something else. ;) We are very thankful!

7 comments:

Candace said...

I'm glad he's okay! Our dogs are part of our family; a very messy part, granted, but I don't know what we would do without them.

heather said...

Happy to hear that all went well!!

Jonathan and Rachel said...

So sorry to hear that Charlie had to have surgery ... but hope he's doing better! Poor little guy! I'd love your address so I can send you our Christmas card/letter ... email me when you get a chance: rhojmo@yahoo.com

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Marie said...

oh poor Charlie!! I'm so glad it went well. We need to bring Jack over again because he and Charlie were great friends :) haha....

Michelle said...

OH! Poor little guy! And poor you guys - you must have been so worried about him! I can't believe everything Charlie's been through. I am sorry you've had to watch him suffer, but I'm SO glad you figured out what was wrong and were able to correct things.

Vaughn Mathis said...

Coming from the lady who gave her dog antibiotics every 4 hours around the clock for 3 days straight... I can say, you are not crazy! And, I am so there with ya!

We miss you guys and hopefully will be coming up that way in Feb! I'll let you know!

I'm always an email away if you want to chat --- ravencmathis at gmail dot com!

Hugs!

Anna said...

Hows your kitty doing now? That's crazy he was in such bad shape (internally anyway) but I hope he's all better!